Like many people our morning starts with a cup of coffee to kick off our productivity. With our coffee, we tend to crave a little treat. I began making my own gluten free pastries to take with us to Starbucks to avoid a high sugar, gluten pastries.
I wanted to share a protein blueberry scones that I have been obsessed with making. The blueberries help off-set the dryness that comes with cooking with protein. It’s the perfect little treat that will keep you on track.
- Preheat the oven at 325F
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Once both are well mixed, pour the liquid onto the wet ingredient bowl and whisk evenly
- Once the dough is form, toun out the dough onto the parchment paper and form scones
- Bake scones for 18-20 minutes until golden brown
Makes 7 scones: approx 200 calories; 13gcarbs, 9.2g protein, 12.7g fat, and 6.8 fiber.
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 scoop (30g) of vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of erythritol
- 1/4 blueberries
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup whipped butter (butter alternative)
- 4 tbsp of half & half
- 1 tbsp of almond milk