One change I have seen in myself as I turned thirty, was my need to join women fight for equality. Seeing others drive to fight for women equality in all industries, has been such an inspiration. From the women march back in January to the #metoo movement, women are making strides to move forward in this campaign. I look forward to seeing the Forbes List of Most Powerful Women. These are women that are paving the way for future generation. Which in turn, they are creating the new reality for everyone.
From this forbes list, I’m truly inspired by:
- In Entertainment – Not to be bias, because these are executives to the company I work for, Stacy Snider and Dana Walden. Disclaimer blog not associated with the company. Green lighting TV shows and movies, like Speechless and This is Us, which are changing the landscape of what a “women” should be on screen.
- In Business – Sheryl Sandberg and Indra Nooyi, someone who I wrote a blog post about.
Want to join and make a differnce, here are three ways:
- Join your company has a women group or if none, look into creating one. If you work for a small business, try to find a women manager who will mentor you. Eve try planning a women outing after work.
- Donate money to orgainzation supporting women, such as Mala Fund or Literacy and Girls Education Non-profit.
- Read book by women, watch movies by women directors, or simply support women’s crafts.