Soup is not something I make very often and something I have been wanting to experiment with. So when I found this recipe, I wanted to give it a whirlwind. It was not only easy, but done in 20 minutes. And for someone who works all day, it gets my stamp of approval and now going to be a usual dinner choice. So give this thai chicken coconut soup a try. It is a healthy dinner choice, paleo friendly, and full of flavor.
Also if you enjoy other thai recipes, check out our healthy alternative, low carb Pad Thai recipe.
For ingredient you’ll need:
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-in. chunks (easily replaced by other meats or Tufu)
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut in 1-in. pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Here is the link to the instructions: Thai Chicken Coconut Soup Recipe