For most women the two most important areas are glutes and abs. While abs are made in the kitchen, glutes can be cooked up at the gym. It just takes time, heavy weights, and a good glute workout and you will see the glutes grow. Here are tips to build glutes and a great workout to build those.
Tips to Getting Those Buns to Grow:
- Foot placement is important: A great way to put emphasis on the glutes and not the quads, especially for compound movements, is to stand wide with toes pointed outwards and drive thru the heels.
- Slow and squeeze: To get the most out of any workout, try to slow down and focus on the “mind-muscle connection.” Also don’t forget to squeeze and hold the contraction after each rep.
- Burn those buns: Always thrive to burn the glutes out at the end of each set. If it’s not heavy enough do some extra reps or partial reps (shorter range motion) between each rep.
- Don’t forget the hips: Adding hip abduction exercises are important because it helps build hip strength for stabilization and control.
Build Those Glutes Workout:
- Wide Stance Barbell Squats- 5 sets of 10-12 reps (See Here)
- Smith Single-Leg Split Lunge- 4 sets of 10-12 reps for each leg (See Here)
- Plie Squats- 4 sets of 10-15 reps (See Here)
- Cable Kickback- 3 sets of 10 reps for each leg (See Here)
- Cable Hip Adduction- 4 sets of 10-15 reps for each leg (See Here)
- Barbell Hip Trust- 3 sets of 10-15 rep (See Here)