Growing up, 4th of July was my favorite holiday. I loved everything about it from the fireworks to family barbecues. It felt like the beginning of summer fun. This year we will be gathering with close friends for a party, and I wanted to make a blueberry basil cocktail drink that was light on calories and in celebratory colors.
- 5 fresh strawberries (more of garnish)
- 1/3 cup of blueberries (more for garnish)
- 1/2 oz trivia simple syrup (make you own my dissolving 1/4 tbs in 1/2 tbs of water.)
- 1/2 oz juice from 1 lemon
- 4 basil leaves
- club soda
- lemon wheel for garnish (optional)
For garnish, cut a skewer stick and stack blue berries.