This past year I experienced lots of changes in my life, and for someone who is a creature of comfort it shocked me. For my 2018 goals I want to take advantage of my new found ambition to make more changes in my life. Every year I write goals and work towards accomplishing them, but usually most of them are not met. This likely due to the fact that I stay in my comfort zone. So this year I have an intention “do things differently” aka take risks. In other words if I find myself going back to the same pattern, I should think of a different path to get there and try it. So cheers to a new year!
Goals for 2018
- Take my GMATs – This is my first step to getting my masters. I’m not the best at test taking, but I don’t want to use that excuse anymore. So this year I’m studying and hopefully will do well on the test.
- Start volunteering – This is a chance for me to meet new people and do some good in the world.
- Practice Spanish – I fully understand Spanish, but I have always shied away from speaking it. This year I am going to force the “no English rule” with my mom. This will hopefully force me to speak Spanish.
- Run a Marathon – This has been on mine and Dani’s bucket list for a while. So this year we don’t have an excuse not sign up and train.
- Take up a Hobby – I have always hated when people ask “what do you do for fun?” Unfortunately, I don’t have anything interesting to answer. So this year I am going to attempt to find things that I enjoy and make it a point to stick to it.
photo from: Stocksy