Like I mentioned in my last recipe, rotisserie chicken, and even canned chicken, is an easy way to make a quick meal. Which is great, if you value time like me. Having more time for me, not spent on making complicated meals, allow me to spend with my husband or write a blog post. More so these days, being pregnant, I come home starving. Therefore a quick, healthy meal is right up my alley.
This low carb turmeric chicken salad is not only low on carbs but has many health beneficial ingredients. Such as turmeric, to help boost your immune system, and has good fats. So I recommend this turmeric chicken recipe to any busy individual, who looking for a tasty and healthy meal.
- 20 oz of canned chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup of avocado mayo
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1oz chives
- 1 teaspoon of pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 head of lettuce
- If using the canned chicken, drain canned and flake chicken. If using a rotisserie chicken, de-bone and shred chicken
- Stir the lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric, salt, and pepper together until the juice and oil are well mixed.
- Add in chicken, and allow it to sit
- After washing the head of lettuce, lay lettuce on a cutting board stem facing up. With a knife, cut around the stem and remove. Then the sides are lettuces can peel off to cups
- Dice the tomato and chives, then add to mixture
- Then mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl
- Place chicken salad onto lettuce cups or place in refrigerator for later