Unless you work in the fitness industry, you probably never heard of functional training, let alone why its important to incorporated a functional workouts. Functional training are exercises that train the body for everyday movements. Because human bodies are meant to moving and working and not sitting in front of desk for hours, we have become frail and prone to injury. This form of training will strengthen muscles and joints to perform daily task more efficiently.
The other benefits of functional training are:
helps burn fat
develops lean, tone muscles
improves sports performance
I asked my finance, and our coach, who teaches classes on functional workouts to share a functional workout for beginners.
Functional Training Workout
- cross body toe touches for 25 reps
- spiderman crawl for 25 yards
- mountain climbers and for more advance athletes use bosu ball
- plank to pushups between 10-15 reps
- renegade rows between 10-15 reps; with or without weights