Looking to start the new year with the goal to do things differently, to see positive changes in your life, or to just be happier. While there is no secret pill to achieve this, there is a change of mindset. Its refocusing ones energy of that of an “I want” to an “I will.” Starting this year lets focus on the 5Ps that I think are in important to self improvement.
- Positivity- Stay positive no matter what circumstance. While having a positive mindset will allow you to find joy in the good and the bad. Say a mantra each morning or during rough times. Just like Gina Rodriguez morning mantra that she reveal during the Emmy, “today a good day, I can and I will.”
- Patience-We love to think we can control all areas of our lives, but truth is there are some area that we don’t. Giving yourself time is a valuable in order to stay calm and content. It is best to only focus areas such as how we manage our time, energy, and money; and allow the rest to come when it’s right.
- Preparation- Having patience to wait, but prepare for what’s to come. The key to success is when preparation meets opportunity. So ask yourself, “what do I want?” and “what do I need to prepare?” It may be something as simple as research or learning something new.
- Proactive- Being proactive is the difference between those who do something and those who wait. Waiting for the right time, the money, for someone. Meanwhile, doers are those who get it done now. Not later when your future self is ready.
- Present- This best way to bring calm and peace in your life is to allow yourself to be mindful of the now. Being present, you free yourself from worrying, solving non-urgent problems and feeling unfulfilled. Here how to practice the art of being present.