In these series, we have gone through the best back exercise, best shoulder exercise, and now we move on to something we all want, having well defined arms. These are the top 5 arm exercises and tips to get the most out of every exercises.
- All heads of the muscles to provide a well rounded muscle built
- Full extend the muscle and contraction to get the most out of every exercise
- Flex the opposing muscle to allow the full stimulation on the contracting muscles. In other words, flex the bicep, while doing triceps exercises.
- Squeeze and hold at the top of every exercises, this will provide a great blood flow to the muscles.
Lets start with the best bicep workouts:
1. Dumbbell Bicep Curls: Regular curls, palms facing up, will focus on the long head. Which is the largest head that is normally flexed. So add dumbbell curls, as well as other variations such as cable and barbell curls.
2. Hammer Curls: Curls with the palms facing each other, rather on the cable, barbell, or dumbbell, focuses on the short head of the bicep.
Now with the with the best tricep exercise:
2. Overhead Extension: There are many variation of overhead extension, like the skull crusher and dumbbell tricep extension, that focuses on the long head. The long head is the opposite side of the horse shoe.