Looking for ways to tone the shoulder and arms to wear that off the shoulder clothing or strapless dress. This is a great workout to grow and define the muscles that we’re eventually will always show…especially in the summer. I know I did for my wedding dress. I wore a strapless dress and workouts like these gave me confidence to wear it. So here is a great shouder and arm workout.
Warm-up the shouders using pressing and and joint rotation movements to prevent injury and stimulate the muscles. Follow with static stretches after performing warm-up motions. If you need a guide to warming-up, read this past post on stretching muscles.
- Arnold Press– 4 sets x 15,15,10,8 reps
- Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curls– 3 sets x 8 reps (each arm)
- Standing Overhead Barbell Triceps Extension– 3 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Side Laterals Raises -3 sets x 15 reps
- Cable Hammer Curls– 4 sets x 15,10,10,8
- Cable Triceps Pushdowns with Curl Bar -4 sets x 10 reps for both overhand & underhand (20 reps total)
- Standing Alternate Shoulder Press – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Superset: Keep going till you are only capable of doing one rep for both exercise